Sunflag started its textile operations in Nigeria in the year 1961. It is one of the largest textiles Company in the whole of West Africa with world class manufacturing facilities. It is fully integrated from fiber to fabric with ginning, spinning, weaving, knitting finishing.
Our Company History….
Sunflag Nigeria Limited
It has affected the society positively by:
- Bringing about employment for the jobless masses, most especially around where it is built, and with jobs comes economic and societal growth.
- Helping with the environment degrading, such as making sure that it environment is clean and free from hazards.
- Affecting individual lives positively, by bringing about the reduction in price of cotton wears due to its presence in their locality, and also my making provision of jobs.
- Empowering local cotton farmers/vendors and supporting a distribution channel to grow and improve the crop of Nigeria.
The company affects the educational sector in terms of payments of education tax to the federal government, which in turn disburses these fund to federal higher institutions, for the betterment of the educational sector.
- It has helped in clothing the nation.
- It has helped in exporting commodities to foreign countries in order to earn foreign exchange.
- It also contributes to national exchequer, in terms of tax such as income tax, VAT, custom duty etc.
Sunflag Nigeria Limited
SUNFLAG PRESENCE IN NIGERIA
- We are based at Western (Lagos) and Northern (Funtua- Katsina) part of the country with 4 units.
- Our team has over 3000 employees in direct employment.
Our expertise and operation methodology
- In the textile sector, Sunflag has 4 units namely;
Iganmu, Knitex and Ikorodu mills manufactures quality yarn, Terry Towels, Suiting, Shirting, Printed fabrics, Warp, knitted fabrics (used in manufacturing quality T-shirts), Curtain materials, suiting, shirting, Ankara, woven mattresses, bedsheets materials, Mosquito nets, Garments, for domestic and international market. The unit is supplying the mosquito nets to International Market/Organizations like UNICEF, USAID.
This unit is located in Funtua-Kastina to process the cotton grown in the Northern belt of the country to feed the spintex mills at Ikorodu Lagos. The grinning plant produces poly cleaned cotton which is essential for achieving quality and efficiency in spinning operations.
- Products produced by us are of high and demanding quality.